Neck pain treatment Beaverton, OR
If you’ve landed on this page you are likely needing treatment for neck pain in or around Beaverton, OR.
Neck pain can be scary, debilitating, and at the very least distracting from all of the things that need your attention throughout the day.
At Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, neck pain is one of the most common conditions we treat.
Our chiropractors are highly trained and well-suited to evaluate the cause of your pain and to provide effective non-surgical, drug-free treatment for your neck pain.
Don’t let neck pain derail your life
There are many demands on your time and energy, and when your neck hurts it is hard to focus your efforts to meet all those demands. Mentally it distracts you and physically it can be hard to even lift your head off your pillow in the morning, let alone check all the items off your day’s to-do list.
You need to get back to feeling yourself so you can perform your best and be present for those who need you the most.
Beaverton, OR 97005
Let Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation get you back on track
Chiropractic care is just what you need. At Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, you can schedule an appointment typically within just a day or two, so you don’t have to wait weeks just to see the doctor.
We also don’t prescribe medication, perform injections or surgery, so the chiropractor is a great first stop on the road to recovery since it is non-invasive, and research has shown it is very safe.
Why does my neck hurt?
The vast majority of neck pain is not due to a serious disease, meaning it is typically a mechanical problem that responds well to chiropractic care.
This means you can have your condition evaluated, diagnosed, and start treatment all on your first visit at Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehab.
Here are some of the most common causes of neck pain that we see:
- Poor posture / ergonomics
- Whiplash / auto injuries
- “I slept wrong” / joint out of place
- Joint stiffness
- Disc herniation
- Pinched nerve
- Joint sprain
- Muscle strain
- “Text neck” / excessive mobile device usage
- Heavy backpacks and purses
When should I see a chiropractor for neck pain?
All too often, we hear from our patients that they wish they would have come in sooner. Chiropractic care is considered conservative, or non-invasive care.
This means it is very safe when compared to more invasive or risky treatments like long-term opioid prescription, cortisone injections, nerve ablations, spinal cord stimulators, or spine surgery.
When considering your options for neck pain treatment, always start with the most conservative options first. This can include chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy, ice, heat, stretches and exercises.
The bottom line is that your chiropractor should be the first person you call for neck pain treatment, not the last.
Why choose Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation for your chiropractic care in Beaverton, OR?
- We are in-network providers with all major insurance companies, such as Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Cigna, Moda, Aetna, Providence, Medicare, and Care Oregon (OHP).
- We’ve been serving the residents of Beaverton and the surrounding communities for over 10 years.
- We practice forward-thinking, contemporary chiropractic, following modern guidelines based on current research and best practices.
- We do not use high pressure sales tactics, sell long-term care plans, or charge large up-front fees for your care package.
What are the best treatments for neck pain?
We offer a variety of effective treatments to help you recover as quickly as possible from your neck pain, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments (manipulating the neck to improve joint motion, often producing an audible “pop” that chiropractors are most known for)
- Soft tissue massage from our amazing licensed massage therapists
- Exercises and stretches tailored to your specific needs to complement the treatment you receive in the office
- Electrical muscle stimulation (we like to call it the “electric micro massage”)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Cold laser therapy
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Ergonomics assessments and advice – Dr. Thompson is a Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
What can I expect on my first visit to the chiropractor for neck pain?
There are 3 parts to your first visit to the chiropractor
1. History: This is what we like to think of as “detective work.” Through asking targeted questions about your current symptoms and other aspects of your life we narrow down the possible causes of your pain.
Many of these questions are answered in your intake paperwork prior to your appointment. These can be emailed to you automatically if you schedule online or we’ll send you a link to them if you schedule over the phone at 503-526-8782.
2. Examination: After taking a thorough history of your condition, you will receive a comprehensive chiropractic examination. This includes looking at your posture, seeing how your spine and body move in all directions, testing nerve and muscle function, and checking for restricted movement and/or misalignment in the spine and/or extremity joints.
3. Treatment: After explaining his exam findings to you, Dr. Thompson will recommend a trial of care, which usually consists of 4-6 visits over a period of 2-4 weeks.
Each visit can include any of combination of the treatments mentioned in the section above, depending on what he feels will be best suited to you and your goals. Treatment typically begins on your first visit, unless additional testing or imaging is required based on your exam findings.
You can read additional details as well as watch Dr. Thompson’s Youtube video on what to expect on your first chiropractic visit here.