Back pain treatment Beaverton, OR
The most common condition a chiropractor treats is back pain. Astoundingly, 80% of people will have a significant episode of back pain at some point in their life, and over 31 million Americans are suffering from back pain at any one point in time. It is indeed an epidemic in our generation.
At Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, we are pleased to bring you professional treatment for back pain in Beaverton, OR.
Don’t let back pain derail your life
There are many demands on your time and energy, and when your back hurts it is hard to focus your efforts to meet all those demands. Mentally it distracts you and physically it can be hard to even get out of bed in the morning, let alone check all the items off your day’s to-do list.
You need to get back to feeling yourself so you can perform your best and be present for those who need you the most.
Let Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation get you back on track
If you have lower back pain, your first stop for care should be at a chiropractor. Chiropractic care is the leader in consumer satisfaction for low back pain treatment. At Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation in Beaverton, Oregon you can schedule an appointment typically within just a day or two so you don’t have to wait weeks just to see the doctor.
We also don’t prescribe medication or perform injections or surgery, so the chiropractor is a great first stop on the road to recovery since it is non-invasive, and research has shown it is very safe.
What causes back pain? / Why does my back hurt?
The vast majority of back pain is not due to a serious disease, meaning it is typically a mechanical problem that a chiropractor can treat effectively without the need for more invasive or expensive procedures.
This means you can have your condition evaluated, diagnosed, and start treatment all on your first visit at Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehab.
Here are some of the most common causes of back pain that we see:
- Poor posture / ergonomics
- Whiplash / auto injuries
- Low back sprain
- Joint stiffness
- Disc herniation
- Pinched nerve
- Muscle spasm
- Muscle strain
- Poor lifting technique
When you come to see the chiropractor for evaluation of your back pain, you will be examined to determine the most likely cause. There are 4 main causes of back pain:
- Joint pain: A joint is where two bones meet. These joints can get stuck, inflamed, misaligned, bruised, worn out and sprained. In your spine, there are 3 joints between each vertebra. Multiply that by 24 vertebrae and there’s a lot of moving pieces and potential for something to malfunction and cause back pain.
- Muscle pain: Without muscles to support it your spine would collapse under less than 30 pounds of pressure! There is a lot riding on your back muscles and when they get pulled, or strained, it’s hard to escape the pain because they’re almost always working.
- Disc pain: Disc injuries can range from simple sprains to large herniations that require surgery. Dr. Thompson is well-trained to sniff out these injuries and help you recover without needing surgery.
- Nerve pain: Usually caused by a bulging disc, a pinched nerve in your back can be disabling. Chiropractors have many tools to help those in pain from pinched nerves in their back.
When should I see a chiropractor for back pain?
All too often, we hear from our patients that they wish they would have come in sooner. Chiropractic care is considered conservative, or non-invasive care.
This means it is very safe when compared to more invasive or risky treatments like long-term opioid prescription, cortisone injections, nerve ablations, spinal cord stimulators, or spine surgery.
When considering your options for back pain treatment, always start with the most conservative options first. This can include chiropractic care, massage therapy, physical therapy, ice, heat, stretches and exercises.
The bottom line is that your chiropractor should be the first person you call for back pain treatment, not the last.
Why choose Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation for your chiropractic care in Beaverton, OR?
- We are in-network providers with all major insurance companies, such as Blue Cross, United Healthcare, Cigna, Moda, Aetna, Providence, Medicare, and Care Oregon (OHP).
- We’ve been serving the residents of Beaverton and the surrounding communities for over 10 years.
- We practice forward-thinking, contemporary chiropractic, following modern guidelines based on current research and best practices.
- We do not use high pressure sales tactics, sell long-term care plans, or charge large up-front fees for your care package.
What are the best treatments for back pain?
We offer a variety of effective treatments to help you recover as quickly as possible from your back pain, including:
- Chiropractic adjustments (manipulating the spine to improve joint motion, often producing an audible “pop” that chiropractors are most known for)
- Soft tissue massage from our amazing licensed massage therapists
- Exercises and stretches prescribed by the chiropractor for your specific needs to complement the treatment you receive in the office
- Electrical muscle stimulation (we like to call it the “electric micro massage”)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Cold laser therapy
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Ergonomics assessments and advice – Dr. Thompson is a Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
What can I expect on my first visit to the chiropractor for back pain?
There are 3 parts to your first visit to the chiropractor
- History: This is what we like to think of as “detective work.” Through asking targeted questions about your current symptoms and other aspects of your life we narrow down the possible causes of your pain. Many of these questions are answered in your intake paperwork prior to your appointment. These can be emailed to you automatically if you schedule online.
- Examination: After taking a thorough history of your condition, you will receive a comprehensive chiropractic examination. This includes looking at your posture, seeing how your spine and body move in all directions, testing nerve and muscle function, and checking for restricted movement and/or misalignment in the spine and/or extremity joints.
- Treatment: After explaining his exam findings to you, Dr. Thompson will recommend a trial of chiropractic care, which usually consists of 4-6 visits over a period of 2-4 weeks.
Each visit can include any of combination of the treatments mentioned above, depending on what Dr. Thompson feels will be best suited to you and your goals. Treatment typically begins on your first visit, unless additional testing or imaging is required based on your exam findings.
You can read additional details as well as watch Dr. Thompson’s Youtube video on what to expect on your first chiropractic visit here.
Beaverton, OR 97005