Auto injury Chiropractor in Beaverton OR
Kip Thompson, DC, chiropractor at Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation, offers safe, drug-free, non-surgical treatments for whiplash and auto injuries in Beaverton, Oregon.
What is whiplash?
Whiplash describes the motion of the spine in an auto accident as the impact jolts the spine back and forth. This rapid motion overstretches, or sprains, the ligaments that keep your vertebrae in place, and strains the muscles that move and support your neck.
- Tingling or numbness in your arms and legs
- Pain in the arms or legs
- Jaw pain or TMJ disorder
- Pain at night and difficulty sleeping
- Ringing in the ears
- Vision problems
Can a chiropractor treat my whiplash and other auto injuries?
Chiropractic care is the treatment of choice for acute auto accident injuries, as it helps restore proper range of motion and health of the joints and muscles that whiplash can affect, as well as decreasing inflammation in the injured soft tissues that surround the spine.
If you have recently been in an auto accident, it is critical to seek treatment from a car accident chiropractor as soon as possible. Delaying treatment can prolong the time it takes you to heal as scar tissue forms in the injured soft tissues around the spine, causing joint stiffness, chronic pain, and lingering vertebral misalignment.
The bottom line for you is less time in pain and an expedited return to your normal daily activities.
Why should I choose Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation for my whiplash treatment?
Dr. Kip Thompson has extensive experience with whiplash treatment in Beaverton OR. Before becoming the owner of Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation in 2011, Dr. Thompson worked in an acute care clinic treating exclusively auto and work injury patients and has treated hundreds of whiplash cases over the past 10 years.
If there is one thing he has learned from his experience in this field, it is that no two bodies and no two auto accidents are the same. Injuries can occur at both low and high speeds, to both children and adults.
He takes your unique situation into consideration to develop the treatment plan that will best suit your needs and give you the quickest recovery possible from your injuries.
What is the best treatment for auto injuries and whiplash?
Since whiplash can cause a multitude of symptoms and can result in chronic pain, it is best treated with a multidisciplinary approach.
At Catalyst, we offer chiropractic treatment, therapeutic massage therapy, and physical rehabilitation all under one roof to provide a full spectrum of care to get you back to pre-injury status as quickly as possible.
We offer a variety of treatments to help you recover from your auto injuries as quickly as possible, including:
- Gentle chiropractic adjustments (manipulating the spine to improve joint motion, often producing an audible “pop” that chiropractors are most known for)
- Soft tissue massage from our amazing licensed massage therapist
- Exercises and stretches tailored to your specific needs to complement the treatment you receive in the office
- Electrical muscle stimulation (we like to call it the “electric micro massage”)
- Therapeutic ultrasound
- Cold laser therapy
- Instrument-assisted soft tissue mobilization
- Ergonomics assessments and advice to help you return to your regular work duties – Dr. Thompson is a Certified Ergonomics Assessment Specialist
What can I expect on my first visit to the chiropractor for neck pain?
There are 3 parts to your first visit to the chiropractor
- History: We start with asking you questions about your car accident – how it happened, where were you sitting in the car, did you see it coming, etc. This is what we like to think of as “detective work.” Based on how it happened and how it affected you we can make educated decisions on the extent of your injuries. Many of these questions are answered in your intake paperwork prior to your appointment. These can be emailed to you automatically if you schedule online or we’ll send you a link to them if you schedule over the phone at 503-526-8782.
- Examination: After taking a thorough history of your condition, you will receive a comprehensive chiropractic examination. This includes looking at your posture, seeing how your spine and body move in all directions, testing nerve and muscle function, and checking for restricted movement and/or misalignment in the spine and/or extremity joints. Extra precautions are taken when evaluating whiplash and other auto injuries, so your exam may include a concussion evaluation, a thorough neurological evaluation, and we will often need to order x-rays to rule out more serious injuries such as fractures or dislocations.
- Treatment: After explaining your exam findings to you, Dr. Thompson will talk through what your treatment plan will look like and answer any questions you might have. Everybody is different but in general you can expect your injuries to take at least 6-8 weeks to heal with an average of 2 visits to the chiropractor per week.
Each visit to Catalyst Chiropractic and Rehabilitation can include any of combination of the treatments mentioned in the section above, depending on what Dr. Thompson feels will be best suited to you and your goals. Treatment typically begins on your first visit, unless additional testing or imaging is required based on your exam findings.
You can read additional details as well as watch Dr. Thompson’s Youtube video on what to expect on your first chiropractic visit here.
For comprehensive, personalized whiplash treatment, contact our auto injury chiropractor in Beaverton OR at 503-526-8782 or click the button below to schedule online.
Beaverton, OR 97005