I have seen several patients recently who have suffered auto accident injuries. As I’ve helped these patients overcome their injuries and navigate their insurance claims, it has become apparent to me that many people don’t know what their rights are when they have been injured in an accident.
Know your rights:
By law, every Oregon auto insurance policy has Personal Injury Protection, which covers medical expenses
- Including chiropractic care) and lost wages resulting from your accident.
You are covered by personal injury protection regardless of who is at fault.
- Your medical expenses are covered by your Personal Injury Protection for up to 1 year after the date of your auto accident.
Listen to your body:
Common symptoms from auto injuries include:
- Neck pain
- Back pain
- Pain, numbness, tingling, or weakness in your arms or legs
- Memory loss
- Ringing in your ears
- Blurry vision
If you were recently involved in an auto accident in Beaverton OR or surronding areas, contact us to make an appointment and start healing now.
Yours in health,
- Discs need good nutrition just like the rest of your body. Follow an anti-inflammatory diet to give your discs a fighting chance to stay well.
- Sitting is bad for discs. Minimize the stress of sitting by taking frequent micro breaks, use proper egonomics, and don’t slouch!
- Bending forward and twisting are sure-fire ways to end up with a disc herniation. Use a proper hip hinge when bending forward and keep your feet pointing in the same direction as your torso to avoid twisting the spine when bending. Click here for a video demonstration of hip hinging.
- Don’t neglect your spine! Regular chiropractic care optimizes the function of your spine, helping to prevent disc injuries. In the chance that a disc is already bulging, we can often get you feeling better and put you on a corrective exercise plan to protect that disc and prevent it from getting worse.